3 May 2015

Showcase Sunday #97

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. This meme allows book bloggers to show off the books they collected over the last week!

Hello everyone! How has your week been? Mines has been alright. I had my last day at work on Friday which was also my birthday, so I'll only be doing some casual library work until I can find myself a new job. I'm a bit sad about it, but oh well. But other than that I had a lovely birthday. I decided to make a Chocolate Malt Cake which totally just fell apart as soon as I started cutting it, but it tasted lovely! I'll be off to Rome on Wednesday so I won't have any posts after tomorrow until I'm back on Sunday, and I've got one scheduled for Monday 11th.

Bookwise, I bought a few used books off of ebay because they were a lot cheaper than buying them new. I also got a few books for my birthday and a few review books from Netgalley and Edelweiss!

Bought
• physical
Second Helpings (Jessica Darling #2) by Megan McCafferty
Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling #3) by Megan McCafferty

Netgalley
A Whole New World (Twisted Tales #1) by Liz Braswell
Thanks to Disney Hyperion!

Edelweiss
All Played Out (Rusk University #3) by Cora Carmack
The White Rose (The Jewel #2) by Amy Ewing
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes #2) by Sara Raasch
Mirrored by Alex Flynn
Future Perfect by Jen Larsen
Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul
Thanks to Balzer + Bray, Harper Teen, Katherine Tegen Books & William Morrow!

Gifted
Birthday presents from my mum and dad
Fairest (Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer
The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen #1) by Jodi Meadows

Birthday presents from Brittany
Secret (Elemental #4) by Brigid Kemmerer
Broken Juliet (Bad Romeo #2) by Leisa Rayven
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios

What books did you get this week?



5 comments:

  1. Argh. What an amazing haul you have this week, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't resist those Edelweiss books from Harper Teen. You got some terrific titles this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthday! Rome! Books! Jessica! Marcus!
    I didn't get approved for A Whole New World, but it sounds brilliant. Can't wait to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! The cake sounds delicious :D ROME, that's really cool, enjoy! I wasn't approved for A whole new world.. which is no surprise, but at the same time strange and disappointing seeing my blog breathes fairytales :p A madness so discreet looks gorgeous and I can't wait to read it. Ice like fire looks pretty too, it's a shame I didn't love the first book. I am curious about Mirrored. You got some great books there, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I do hope you'll have a blast in Rome!
    And YAY for book gifts!! And even more for loads of awesome EW ARCs!!
    Happy reading & best of luck with the job hunt, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete