1 May 2015

April Wrap Up

Hello everyone! How has April been for you? I've had a very busy and emotional month - especially towards the end - but I'm not going to go into much detail about it because I still get a bit teary whenever I think about it. But I've still had a fabulous month. I had my first experience of Jury Duty (which I got dismissed from, woo!) and I had a night out with the girls from one of the libraries I work in which was hilarious - and also pretty teary.

Bookwise, in April I read 11 books - 2 of which were re-reads - and I had a fantastic reading month. I didn't rate a book lower than 4* in April which I'm extremely pleased with. I read some pretty great books.
My favourite book of the month by far had to be Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I fell in love with Simon's story and his relationship with Blue. It was beautifully written and had one of the most adorable romances ever. Alberalli also dealt with some more serious issues and she did a fantastic job. I'll be recommending this book for the rest of the year now.

So in May I'll be celebrating my 22nd birthday and I'll also be off on holiday to Rome with my fiancé on Wednesday! We decided to treat ourselves for our birthdays since we're only a few days apart and I just can't wait! I'll also be taking part in Bout of Books the day after I get back from Rome, which I'm really looking forward to.

So, that was my April wrap up!
What was the best book you read in April and what are you dying to read in May?

4 comments:

  1. I hope you're doing ok, am always here if you want to talk, love! <3 I totally wish I read as much as you. I've so on and off lately which sucks. I really have to read SimonVs though! It gets so much praise from everyone and I'd love a bit of fluff. Definitely have to keep your rec in mind!

    Rome? THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN! If there are pictures, I'll be super exciting and on a lookout for them :D Have fun and happy birthday in advance <3

    Best book in April? Eh I can't remember what was even read in April. I guess Ember in the Ashes? I think that was read this month LOL DYING FOR IN MAY? WRATH AND THE DAWN. FO SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon! Simon will be the best book of life. Can we please get a sequel? NEEDS!!!!
    I like your reading month. It looks good. Lol. So glad you finished off the Legend trilogy. Plus got to meet Jessica. And Marcus.
    I cannot wait to really get to know Torres and Nell very soon.
    Is it going to be a trilogy for Talon and Rogue? I want to start it, but also would rather wait and binge. Ya know?
    I've never been called for jury duty. I feel like unless I needed to get out of life, I would totally make sure I effed up my chances of getting chosen. Lol.
    I can't wait to hear all about Rome!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I do hope you guys will have a blast in Rome! Eat plenty of awesome pasta and gelatos!!
    And yep, Simon was a brilliant book! And a month when no book was under 4 stars? Awesome reading month indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good books! I hope you read just as many in May! I definitely plan on reading Simon vs The Homo sapiens Agenda. Have a lovely trip and birthday!

    ReplyDelete