21 April 2015

Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is:

Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors

I doubt any of the names on my list are going to surprise any of you. These are authors that I rave about all the time, and I'm constantly re-reading their books or talking about them. 

1. Jennifer L. Armentrout
Jennifer L. Armentrout is probably my all time favourite author. I've completely adored every book she's written - we're just going to pretend Cursed didn't exist - whether it was Young Adult or New Adult. Her main characters are usually amazing and involve a lot of kick as females (which is awesome), but it's mainly her stories that I love her for. While her Lux series is my all time favourite, I love all of her other series and her stand alone - Don't Look Back. She's just such an amazing author and I'm pretty sure I'll love nearly every book she writes.

2. Sarah J Maas
While Sarah J Maas has only been around for a couple of years, she very quickly became one of my favourite authors with her Throne of Glass series. I don't think I've ever cried as much at a series as I have at this one, and it isn't even finished yet! Her writing style is beautiful, the worlds she creates are enchanting and she's also such a lovely person. I just adore her.



3. Colleen Hoover
Colleen Hoover has the ability to make me sob at every book she's ever written. I'm quite an emotional person, but the sobs she draws from me for her books are on another level. I binge read quite a lot of Colleen Hoover's book a couple of years ago, and I've been in love with her writing ever since. She's an author I constantly recommend to my friends and I'm always excited when I get a new book of hers.

4. Jay Crownover
My favourite New Adult author! Jay has this amazing ability to write extremely hard looking guys with hearts of gold. Whether it's the tattooed lot from Marked Men or the street gangsters in Welcome to the Point, all of the guys are big softies on the inside, and they've all won my heart. She's brilliant at writing chemistry and there hasn't been a single couple that haven't had that spark. Every single relationship is done perfectly and I could read her books for the rest of my life.


5. Marissa Meyer
Meyer very quickly won my heart with her fairytale retellings of some of my favourite characters. The futuristic Japanese setting, the magic and the characters are what make this series so amazing, but it's mainly the characters. Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Thorne, Wolf and Kai are all fantastic characters and I love reading about their adventures together. Their journey is coming to an end this year in Winter, but this series will always be one of my favourites and I'll read anything Meyer writes now.

6. Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy and Bloodlines ruined my life. Rose and Dimitri. Lissa and Christian. Sydney and Adrian. Jill and Eddie. I devoured the Vampire Academy series back in 2013 and very quickly moved onto Bloodlines because I needed more. I've yet to read The Ruby Circle because I'm not ready to let these characters go again, but Richelle Mead's writing made me completely fall in love with the characters and their world. I can't wait to get started on her other series and I will read anything she writes.

7. Julie Kagawa
Julie Kagawa has been one of my favourite authors for years. Her Iron Fey series was my first introduction to her writing and I really enjoyed it. And then came her Blood of Eden series which completely destroyed me after book 2. And then came her Talon series. I've still to read her Call of the Forgotten series, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it too and love anything she comes out with.

8. Leigh Bardugo
ALINA. STURMHOND. THE DARKLING. RAVKA. THE SUN SUMMONER.
Leigh Bardugo introduced me to the beautifully dark world of Ravka and some of the most interesting characters ever and I love her for that. I'll read anything she writes purely based on how fantastic The Grisha series was.



9. Rick Riordan
Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus. So far I've only loved his series involving Percy (The Red Pyramid wasn't really my thing), but I have hope for his Magnus Chase series! I've re-read the Percy Jackson series and it's one of my favourites and The Heroes of Olympus almost destroyed me with The Mark of Athena. But he will always be one of my favourites due to Percy.

10. Cora Carmack
I can't not include Cora in this list. She was one of the first New Adult authors I picked up and I followed her from the very beginning. Her Losing It trilogy and her Rusk University trilogy are books I've devoured over and over again. Inspire unfortunately wasn't my cup of tea, but she'll always be one of my all time favourite New Adult authors.



Honorable mention: J. K. Rowling (She would have made the list, but I honestly only like her Harry Potter series. I can't get into any of the adult books she's written and I'm not entirely sure whether I'll ever like anything else she writes).

What authors would make your ALL TIME Favourite list?

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm Sarah J Maas would totally make my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much you reached into my mind and wrote this post. LOL!
    Although I love Kagawa, Carmack and Mead, they aren't in my top 10. That doesn't mean they aren't auto-buys though.
    I can't wait to discuss Asa with you on Thursday. I have thoughts... I'm soooo excited for Saints of Denver though! Zeb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Throne of glass and Sarah Maas is also such a friendly person from what I've seen on Twitter. Marissa Meyer wrote an amazing series and I can't wait for all her other upcoming work. Iron Fey is such an addictive series and I love Blood of Eden. Kagawa knows how to write.

    ReplyDelete