9 December 2014

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is:

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014

So in 2014, I apparently didn't read that many new authors that I hadn't discovered until this year. My Goodreads seems to be full of authors I've already read before this year and debut authors. So getting a list of 10 was pretty hard, but I managed it - just.

1. Colleen Hoover
Yes. 2014 was the year I discovered Colleen Hoover - which has made it a fantastic year. I picked up Hopeless in February of this year and now I've read nearly every single book she's published.

2. Jay Crownover
Jay Crownover has been one of my favourite discoveries of 2014. Her 'Marked Men' series is one of my all time favourite New Adult series.

3. Jenny Han
Burn for Burn was my first Jenny Han book this year, and I absolutely loved it! I then moved onto starting the Summer series and most recently read To All the Boys I've Loved Before - which is my favourite of hers.

4. Diana Gabaldon
While I've only read Outlander, I have every intention of reading the rest of the series when I have the time. Outlander was Brittany's recommendation - she even sent me it! - and I completely fell in love with it.


5. Brigid Kemmerer
Brigid Kemmerer was one I'd seen a lot of bloggers going on and on about how amazing her books are, so this year I finally decided to start reading her books. I've only read the first two books in her Elemental series, and I really enjoyed them! 

6. Samantha Young
Samantha Young was recommended to me by quite a few people this year - because I said I hadn't read a lot of books set in Scotland - and I'm so glad I decided to start reading her books this year. I fell in love with her Dublin Street series and I'll probably read anything by her now.

7. Kody Keplinger
I only read The DUFF very recently, but I'm kicking myself for not picking it up sooner! I absolutely loved it, and Keplingers writing. I can't wait to read more of her books.

8. Gayle Forman
I meant to pick up Gayle Forman's books last year, but never got around to it. So this year was the year I finally read If I Stay. I don't think I loved it as much as everyone else, but I still really enjoyed it. I've got a couple of her books sitting on my bookcase, so I'll definitely be reading more for her next year.

9. Cat Clarke
Cat Clarke is another author I've been meaning to get around to for quite some time, and finally did this year. I read A Kiss in the Dark and completely fell in love with Clarke's writing. She's such a fantastic author.

10. Ann Aguirre
I picked up Ann Aguirre's New Adult series this year and I enjoyed it. I really like her writing, and I've been meaning to start her books for a while so I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from her - especially her Razorland series!

What authors did you discover in 2014?

6 comments:

  1. We have a few authors in common! 2014 was also the year I finally read some Ann Aguirre, Diana Gabaldon and Jenny Han!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God! I have so much to say. Firstly, I'm very proud that I had a big hand in getting you to pick up Outlander. Makes my heart happy. <3
    Really re: Colleen Hoover? Thank God you found her though. Because she be the queen!
    Kemmerer! She be my girl. I love that you started the series this year. And I'm very excited for you to finish it. EPICNESS!
    Crownover, Han and Young are on my list too. *high-five* I agree that Crownover is one of the best discoveries this year. I can only hope she never stops adding to the MM series.
    I also only read my first Aguirre book this year. Also her NA trilogy. Although it wasn't the bestest I did enjoy it and look forward to reading more of her books(I own quite a few of them lol).
    Ah! Hopefully I will get to The DUFF soon. Thanks for making me un-donate it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Hopeless and DUFF late in the summer and loved them both, but haven't gotten around to reading more of Hoover and Keplinger. They are amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Burn for Burn and can't wait to read To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Gayle Foreman is one of my favourites, but less so for If I Stay than for Just One Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gayle Forman also made my list; loved Just One Day! Also read some Jenny Han this year - she would have definitely made my list but there was just too many other authors to put down! I really need to get a move on and pick up a Colleen Hoover book. All I hear is great stuff about her books! I also really need to read Outlander and finish the Razorland trilogy! Great list :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo so many awesome authors in one post! You had a good year!

    Jenny Han's To All the Boys I've loved Before was a terrific awesome read. I can't wait for the next one :) I have the first two books to the Burn for Burn Trilogy/series (???) but I have yet to pick them up -.-' I'm a horrible person!

    My sis told me that The Duff was a really good read. I probably pick up a copy soon. Oooh did you know that it's being turned into a movie. The trailer is already on Youtube but my sis said that it seems like the movie digressed from the main point of the book... idk...

    I have Ann Agiurre's Mortal Danger novel. It's a YA mystery- ish kind of book which looks really interesting and definitely something different from the Razorland trilogy :D

    ReplyDelete