8 June 2014

Showcase Sunday #73

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. This meme allows book bloggers to show off the books they collected over the last week.

Hello everyone! Apologies for the lack activity on the blog this week. It's been a manic week, mainly due to the fact that our internet has hardly been working - which has been super annoying. Hopefully we should be getting it fixed in the next couple of weeks, but I might not be as active as I hope to be because it's been extremely unreliable.

Bookwise, this week I actually got quite a few books! I haven't even spent that much money this week but I did buy 5 physical books and 1 kindle book (which cost me about £5 altogether!). I also got quite a few books from Netgalley this week - one which I'm SUPER excited for. I also got a physical book from bookbridgr, a library reserve that I'm really looking forward to and I won a book in a giveaway!

Bought
• physical
(All 5 only cost me £1!)
Elixir (Elixir #1) by Hilary Duff
The Demon's Lexicon (The Demon's Lexicon #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan
Raging Star (Dust Lands #3) by Moira Young
The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison
Because It Is My Blood (Birthright #2) by Gabrielle Zevin

kindle
Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Netgalley
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J Maas
(I may have screamed when I saw I was approved for this!)
Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins - Sneak Peek
Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas
Some Boys by Patty Blount

Review
Boy 21 by Matthew Quick

Library
Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman

Won

Amy & Matthew by Cammie McGovern

What books did you get this week?


6 comments:

  1. It's such a bummer when the internet doesn't cooperate!! I hope it will be fixed super soon!
    AND HEIR OF FIREEEE!!! Screaming after being approved for it is more than understandable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week though it sounds like the internet has been annoying. It's always interesting to see how much we rely on it when it starts becoming unpredictable! Hope they get it straightened out soon. I love when I get approved for a book I really want. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your internet gets sorted, I get so annoyed when mine plays up! Looks like a great haul, The Silent Wife especially looks great, nice and creepy. I really enjoy psychological thrillers. Hope you enjoy all your new books, have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heir of fire, lucky you! I was declined, so I have to wait a little longer for more Chaol time :p Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you the internet sorts itself soon! There is nothing worse!

    I got Heir of Fire this week too! I was so happy! I am gonna read The Assassin's Blade first to tide me over!

    The Demon's LExicon was one of my favourite books! I read it a few years ago now, so I don't know if I will feel the same. Still, it stands to be one of my favourite trilogies!

    Thanks for sharing & enjoy your books! :D

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wheeeeere did you get those books for just £1?!?! :O Amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete