17 March 2014

This Girl by Colleen Hoover

This Girl by Colleen Hoover
Series: Slammed #3
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Publication Date: June 6th 2013
Source: Bought



There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.

Getting to hear parts of Slammed from Will's POV? Yeah, I may have squealed a lot when I found out what this was.

So, while I didn't enjoy This Girl as much as Slammed and Point of Retreat, I did love getting to hear everything from Will's POV. While there were some scenes that were in Slammed that were just changed to be from Will's POV, there were also some extra scenes - like Will finding out about his parents and some conversations between Will and Gavin - which added a lot and helped me understand Will a lot more.

By the time I'd finished This Girl, I'd fallen for Will even more. Actually getting to hear what happened to him when his parents died was heartbreaking and I really felt for him. I still enjoyed seeing that though because it meant I could finally understand Will fully and see how deep his love for his brother was. Will is still one of the sweetest guys ever and he makes my heart melt.

Lake kind of acted like a 5 year old again in this one. She wanted Will to tell her everything but the flounced off in a huff when she heard something she didn't like. She was starting to get on my nerves a little.

I just adored getting to see my favourite moments in Slammed from Will's POV and getting to see Will and Gavin's conversations because Gavin knew. I also really enjoyed getting to see Will's past and the events that led him to Lake. And also, what Will was thinking when he first met Lake. 

The epilogue was beautiful and had me in tears yet again. I've cried so much while reading this series, but it's been one of the best series I've ever read. If you haven't read the Slammed trilogy yet or any of Colleen Hoover's books, I highly suggest that you change that because her writing and her stories are beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I really need to give this series and Hopeless a chance when I feel in the mood for contemporary!
    Great reviews, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete