1 March 2014

Jet by Jay Crownover

Jet by Jay Crownover
Series: Marked Men #2
Publisher: Harper Fiction
Publication Date: June 13th 2013
Source: Bought



With his tight leather jeans and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes, but even his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows first hand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love… or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?

As soon as I finished reading Rule, I knew I had to own the rest of the Marked Men books that were available. So I bought them, but I hadn't really intended on getting around to reading Jet this early, but I was in the mood for a bit of New Adult so I just decided to go ahead and read it. I have to say, as much as I enjoyed Jet, I didn't love it as much as Rule.

Jet follows Ayden (who is Shaw's BFF) and Jet (who is one of Rule's friends). Ayden swears that she's done walking on the wild side and is trying to stick to her new, good girl image. She tries her hardest to resist Jet, but even just being in the same room as him makes her heart race. Jet can't resist Ayden. She's more than he thought she was, but Jet is reluctant to start anything with her when they both want different things.

I adored Ayden. She's flirty, feisty and is struggling to keep her past a secret. She doesn't want anyone to know about the horrible things she's done, so she avoids talking about her life before college. Ayden is a very confident and determined character.

I really loved Jet as well. Jet has a lot of shit going on in his personal life, but he's managed to build a stable life for himself, but he can't give up on his family. That's the main thing I loved about Jet, but I did feel like he was fighting a losing battle. Jet is a sweet, sexy, hilarious and protective character, and I just really loved him.

I did really love Jet and Ayden together, but what I didn't love was all the freaking drama! More than once I wanted to give Ayden a shake to knock some sense into her and also knock Ayden and Jet's heads together. They had a hell of a lot of chemistry, but both of them let their problems get in the way of their relationship and I started to get sick of it. 

I did really enjoy finding out about Ayden's past. Ayden's had a tough life and her mother and her brother rely on her to fix everything. Ayden's brother put her through a lot of shit, but I couldn't help but love Asa by the end because of what he was willing to do to protect her. 

I also really loved getting to see the rest of the gang as well. I adore Rule, Shaw, Nash and Rowdy so I really loved getting to see them all again. I love how they're all so close.

Overall, Jet definitely wasn't as good as Rule, but I did still enjoy this book. I'm still really looking forward to continuing on with this series and finding out more about Rome, Nash, Rowdy & Asa.

No comments:

Post a Comment