20 February 2014

Erased by Jennifer Rush

Erased by Jennifer Rush
Series: Altered #2
Publisher
Publication Date: January 30th 2014
Source: Bought



They thought they had escaped. They were wrong.

After fleeing the Branch with Sam, Cas, and Nick, Anna is trying to make sense of the memories resurfacing from her old life. At the same time, she's learning how to survive in hiding, following Sam's rules: Don't draw attention to yourself. Always carry a weapon. Know your surroundings. Watch your back.

Then a figure from Anna's childhood reappears. Is it a Branch setup, or could it be the reunion Anna has hoped for? Uncertain of where her loyalties lie, Anna must fight to learn the truth -- before she is betrayed again. Ultimately, the answers hinge on one question: What was the real reason her memories were erased? Jennifer Rush delivers a thrilling sequel to Altered in a novel packed with mysteries, lies, and surprises that are sure to keep readers guessing until the last page is turned.

Oh, where do I start with this book. First, I loved it. Second, I finished it in under 2 hours. And Third, I LOVED IT. Seriously, the only thing going on in my head while I'm trying to write this review is OMG. THIS BOOK! Even though Erased is a lot shorter than Altered, I actually enjoyed this one a lot more. 

Erased picks up where Altered left off: Sam, Nick, Cas and Anna are on the run from The Branch and are trying to piece together their pasts.

There isn't a single character in this book that I didn't love (besides the evil ones because they're evil - obviously). Anna still remains one of my favourite female characters. She's so strong and feisty. She's so protective of the boys and would do anything for them. The main thing I admire about her though is her determination. Anna will go to any lengths to find out what happened to her parents and her sister since she has no memory of that night. She's willing to do anything for answers. Sam was just as amazing as ever. He's the rock of the group - the one that keeps them together and in-line - I doubt they'd be able to function without him. He's stable, reliable, protective and extremely caring. I have to admit that I did question Sam throughout the book, but I'm sure I was meant to. Cas is my favourite of the boys because he's just so freaking hilarious. Cas had me cracking up so many times throughout this book. He's sarcastic, light-hearted and such a sweet guy. He just makes my heart melt. Nick was my least favourite of the guys until I read Erased. I learnt a lot about Nick during this book. He was still his usual moody, snarky and short-tempered self, but we got to see another side of Nick and learn more about his past which made my heart melt.

I had serious Nick/Anna feels during this book. I know we were learning a lot about both of these characters and seeing them actually develop a friendly relationship, but guys, THEIR CHEMISTRY. Please tell me I wasn't imagining it because I was totally rooting for Nick & Anna. I love Sam & Anna because they're so adorable together, but Nick & Anna had serious chemistry (well, I thought they did). I did really love seeing the development of Nick & Anna's relationship though and seeing them bond. It was lovely.

So like I said, the gang are on the run from The Branch and are trying to piece together their pasts. All 4 of them are experiencing flashbacks and are trying to understand what they mean. Anna is having flashbacks of the night her parents were killed and is trying to piece together what actually happened. A surprise appearance of a character from their past throws them all and they start to discover that they've been lied to. Trev makes a few re-appearances and how I've missed Trev! He's changed a lot since the first book, but I still love Trev.

There was a hell of a lot of action, plotting tons of twist and reveals and I was just completely hooked. I seriously could not put this book down. My mind was overloading with the amount of twists but they were just so damn amazing and awesome! I did have tears in my eyes a couple of times and I think I even cried a little bit at one point. So yeah, this book was just brilliant.

The ending was really sweet and hilarious. I was laughing and really happy that they could finally move on and leave their pasts behind them.

Overall, Erased was a incredible follow up to Altered that I completely loved. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more Nick & Cas (I know I'm getting more Nick, but I want more Cas too!) because I just adore all of these characters and I NEED MORE! Seriously guys, if you haven't started this series yet then what are you waiting for? It's a series that I highly recommend!

1 comment:

  1. YES to your Nick/Anna feels! Their chemistry is off the charts, I can't get enough of them. I'm so glad that you loved this one. I can't wait for Nick's book! I hope Anna is in it a lot, and I hope I don't end up holding a grudge against the female MC XD

    ReplyDelete