13 January 2014

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #3
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: January 28th 2014
Source: Publisher [Edelweiss]




Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.

I've been looking forward to Into the Still Blue ever since last March when I binge read the first two books. I was slightly apprehensive going into it though because I've read a few series enders that have been extremely disappointing, and I really wanted to love this one. I had no need to be apprehensive, because this book was just as amazing as the first two (possibly even more amazing than the first two)!

The world that Veronica Rossi created in this novel was extremely intriguing. The world is dominated by an Aether which causes massive storms that wipe out the land. Perry has had to move his tribe into an underground cave to keep them safe, but he knows it isn't a permanent solution. He has to find a way to get to the Still Blue.

After the ending of Through the Ever Night, I was desperate to get my hands on a copy of this book to see how everything was going to turn out. There were a lot more twists and turns in the story than I expected, which I loved, so I was always on my toes never knowing what was going to happen next.

Aria and Perry have grown so much during this series. Not just as individuals, but also as a team. They're both strong in different ways, stubborn, determined and I just loved seeing them working together in this book. Their relationship is one of my favourites. It wasn't a main focus in this book because there was so much going on, but the parts that did show it just solidified how perfect they are for each other.

My heart ached for Roar in this book. After everything that happened in the previous book, Roar is in pain. I hated seeing the way Roar was most of the way through this book. I missed the fun-loving Roar from the first two books, but his development throughout this book was perfect. Veronica Rossi did a fantastic job of showing how far Roar would go for revenge and it just showed how deep his love for Liv was. I did get slightly pissed at the way he was treating Perry (although Perry slightly deserved it), but I wish these two had made up sooner.

I never thought I'd ever like Soren or Brooke, but they both won me over in this one. Especially Soren. Even though there were times when I wanted to punch him, Soren went through a lot in this book and it changed him for the better.

The storyline of this one revolved around Perry and Aria trying to find a way to get to the Still Blue to save Perry's tribe, and also get Cinder back. As you can probably guess, it wasn't a straight forward ride. There were quite a few bumps along the way, Sable being the main one. That guy is one of my most hated characters ever after this book. He's such a vile character. There were so many heart pounding scenes in this book that I was wondering if I'd be able to make it to the end! I had no idea if all of my beloved character were going to make it, so I was extremely cautious as it got closer and closer to the end of the book. I did tear up quite a few times towards the end.

The way the ending worked out was perfect for the end of this series. Veronica Rossi did such a fantastic job with this book and I think it's definitely my favourite of the three.

Overall, I've absolutely adored reading this series and I'm really sad it's over now. Into the Still Blue was a fantastic conclusion to this trilogy and I know it's going to be one I always remember because Perry, Roar & Aria are three fantastic characters and I love them all. If you haven't read any of the Under the Never Sky books yet, then I definitely recommend that you do. It's one of my favourite series and I want everyone to read it.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so damned excited to finally get my hands on Into The Still Blue next week! I cannot wait till my preorder downloads at midnight!

    Thank you so much for a reassuring and spoiler free review! I know it's so hard to keep reviews for books you've loved spoiler free, and even more for final books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited to see what you think of it when you get it! It's such a perfect ending :)
      I made sure to make it spoiler free because there's a lot that happened in this book that I didn't want to ruin for anyone. It was hard but I managed it :)

      Delete
  2. Can only agree with Pili - so excited to read this one!! Also because it really doesn't happen often that a trilogy ends with a fantastic book! Usually, I think, people are disappointed. Anyway, I'm really happy Into the Still Blue is going to be a great conclusion - I loved the first two books like crazy!! Great review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! There aren't a lot of trilogies that end well, but this one was fantastic. I'm super excited to see what you think of it! I hope you enjoy it! :D
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. This book is so amazing. It is a perfect ending to a perfect series. This book being you through so much. I've town to love Perry so so much and love the relationship between him and Aria. It is truley amazing. Victoria Rossi is an amazing writer and her work is brilliant. I recommend this to anyone. READ THIS BOOK.
    Best Seattle search engine optimization for more info

    ReplyDelete