8 December 2013

Fall of Night by Rachel Caine

Fall of Night by Rachel Caine
Series: Morganville Vampires #14
Publisher: Allison & Busby
Publication Date: May 2nd 2013
Source: Library



Claire never thought she’d leave Morganville, but when she gets accepted into the graduate program at MIT, she can’t pass up the opportunity. Saying good-bye to her friends is bittersweet, especially since things are still raw and unsettled between Claire and her boyfriend, Shane.

Her new life at MIT is scary and exciting, but Morganville is never really far from Claire’s mind. Enrolled in a special advanced study program with Professor Irene Anderson, a former Morganville native, Claire is able to work on her machine, which is designed to cancel the mental abilities of vampires.

But when she begins testing her machine on live subjects, things quickly spiral out of control, and Claire starts to wonder whether leaving Morganville was the last mistake she’ll ever make...

Morganville has been one of my favourite series for years and this one didn't let me down. In fact, it's been the best one I've read in ages! It was full of surprises, shocks and a new setting which kept it interesting. 

Claire going to MIT is something that was definitely going to happen eventually during this series because she's super smart and amazing, so I loved that we got to follow her there. Claire is one my favourite female characters from a book. She's such a badass character and she really shows it in this one. Claire created a device that can be used again Vampires to protect humans and she's been sent to MIT to work with Irene Anderson on it. Claire has such amazing ideas and she's just such an amazing character. I love her.

Shane was just adorable as usual. Shane is dealing with the aftermath of how he acted in the previous book and he and Claire are taking some time apart. But Shane loves Claire so much that he follows her to MIT so that he can be near her and stop himself from worrying, but he doesn't let her know that he's there. So, yeah I did find that slightly creepy and I wanted to tell Shane to go home because Claire can take care of herself, but Shane being there actually turned out to be a good thing. Shane is beating himself up because of how he acted and he's willing to do anything to show Claire how sorry he is.

Michael and Eve were both brilliant again in this book. Eve is just so awesome and Michael is just swoon-worthy and amazing. I love them both as well!

The storyline of this one was packed full of action and twists. There were so many times I was left with my mouth hanging open because I just couldn't believe what had happened! Rachel Caine never fails to make this series interesting and she always manages to leave me wanting more. The ending on this one made me so freaking excited for Daylighters (but I'm still sad because it's the last book). Fingers crossed I'll get my hands on it soon!

Overall, this has been my favourite book of this series for quite a while. If you haven't started the Morganville series yet, then what are you waiting for? It's been my favourite Vampire series for years and I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment