5 December 2013

Dystopia Reading Challenge 2014

Yes! Ula from Blog of Erised has decided to host the Dystopia Reading Challenge again next year! I'm super excited for to do this again! I had so much fun doing it this year and I completely smashed my goal, so I'm hoping to do the same next year since I still have a lot of dystopian books to get through. 

Rules
  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Each month will have its own link form so you will be able to share your book reviews. You do not have to review the books you read to participate, but only those who read/reviewed at least one dystopian book will be able to participate in the giveaway (you can track your reading without the reviews with Goodreads, Shelfari etc.).
  • Books that count in this challenge must include any form of post-apocalyptic theme (book sites like Goodreads are good sources of genre information). The books must be full-length.
  • All formats allowed.
  • Rereads allowed (but not the same book five times in a year!).
  • It does not matter whether it's a series or a stand-alone book.

Levels
Level 1Recruit (1 to 6 books)
Level 2Rebel (7 to 12 books)
Level 3Revolutionist (13 to 18 books)
Level 4Leader (19+ books)

For 2014 I'm going to aim for the Leader level again, and I'm going to try to read 24 dystopian books next year. I'm pretty sure I have at least 10 dystopian books sitting on my TBR shelves at the moment and I'll probably end up buying a lot more next year so I hope I'll be able to reach 24.

If you want to sign up for this challenge click here to go to Ula's blog to find out more about it.

Good luck to everyone taking part!

6 comments:

  1. YAY Samantha! I'm also gonna be taking part this year and hoping for the Leader level too, I have plenty of dystopians on the TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! That's exactly why I picked Leader again this year. Dystopians are my most read genre I think. Good luck! :D

      Delete
  2. Cool idea! I read a billion dystopian books in a year, so I think I will participate too. :)

    Good luck Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Samantha. I'm also taking part. I think this might be my easier challenge for the year as I love dystopians too much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love them too! It's such a great challenge, I really enjoyed doing it this year :)

      Delete