13 December 2013

A Little Too Much by Lisa Desrochers

A Little Too Much by Lisa Desrochers
Series: A Little Too Far #2
Publisher: William Morrow Impulse
Publication Date: November 12th 2013
Source: Publisher [Edelweiss]



Twenty-two year old Hilary McIntyre would like nothing more than to forget her past. As a teenager abandoned to the system, she faced some pretty dark times. But now that’s all behind her. Hilary has her life on track, and there’s no way she’ll head back down that road again.

Until Alessandro Moretti—the one person who can make her remember—shows up on her doorstep. He’s even more devastatingly gorgeous than before, and he’s much too close for comfort. Worse, he sees right through the walls she’s built over these last eight years, right into her heart and the secrets she’s guarding.

As Hilary finds herself falling back into love with the man who, as a boy both saved and destroyed her, she must decide. Past or future? Truth or lies?

I was in kind of a slump after finishing The Woken Gods and I couldn't really focus on reading anything, so I decided to pick up A Little Too Much since New Adult books usually help get me out of my slump - and it worked again.

Although I didn't like A Little Too Much as much as A Little Too Far, I still really enjoyed it.

A Little Too Much focuses on Alessandro - who was in A Little Too Far - and Hilary. I was really excited for this one because I adored Alessandro in the previous book and I was looking forward to finding out more about him and his past. I was also really looking forward to finding out about Hilary since she was part of Alessando's past.

Alessandro was just as sweet and swoon-worthy in this book as he was in the previous one. He was slightly more closed off and reserved because he was facing things from his past that he regretted, but he was still amazing. I really enjoyed discovering more about Alessandro and his past, and what led him to joining the Church to become a priest.

Hilary was an interesting character too. She had a horrible childhood and she just wants to forget about it, but having Alessandro back in her life is bringing back memories she'd repressed. I felt so bad for Hilary because of what happened to her and her upbringing really screwed her up. She was a really likeable character.

The storyline was interesting and I really liked seeing Alessandro and Hilary discovering New York. I also really loved seeing their friendship develop again and they definitely had some serious chemistry. I did guess Hilary's secret though, I thought it was pretty obvious. I even guessed it before I started reading the book! But it was still interesting seeing how the reveal went and seeing what happened after that.

A Little Too Much isn't my favourite NA novel, but I still really enjoyed it. It was a quick, enjoyable read and I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves New Adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment