17 October 2013

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
Series: The Darkest Powers #3
Publisher: Orbit
Publication Date: April 6th 2010
Source: Bought



Chloe Saunders is fifteen and would love to be normal. Unfortunately, Chloe happens to be a genetically engineered necromancer who can raise the dead without even trying. She and her equally gifted (or should that be 'cursed'?) friends are now running for their lives from the evil corporation that created them.

As if that's not enough, Chloe is struggling with her feelings for Simon, a sweet-tempered sorcerer, and his brother Derek, a not so sweet-tempered werewolf. And she has a horrible feeling she's leaning towards the werewolf...

Definitely not normal.

The Reckoning has been my favourite book of the Darkest Powers trilogy. I felt like this one was more exciting and full of twists! Plus, there was also that thing that happened at the end that made me super happy! So yeah, definitely my favourite book of the trilogy,

The Reckoning picks up not that long after The Awakening, and Chloe, Simon, Derek & Tori are in a safe house with people who want to bring down The Edison Group. 

Chloe is a brilliant character. She's such a powerful necromancer and she's such a nice person. Sometimes she's too nice though because she can never say no. She's a people pleaser which gets her into trouble sometimes.I just wish Chloe had learned to stand up for herself sooner.

Derek is still my favourite of the brothers. It was pretty obvious in this one that he cared for Chloe, but he wouldn't do anything because of Simon. Derek may be hard on Chloe, but he's always got her best interests at heart. Simon is a really sweet and caring character, but I never saw the chemistry between him and Derek.

Tori has quickly became one of my favourite characters in this series. I hated her in the first book because she was such a bitch, but then we saw why she was like that in the second book. So in this one, I finally got to see the real Tori and she was actually a really nice person. Sure she could still be bitchy, but she was a much nicer person and I enjoyed reading about her.

The whole storyline around this one revolved around taking down The Edison Group and rescuing Rae and Chloe's Aunt Lauren. There were a lot of unexpected twists and surprises in this one that I didn't expect. I was always on my toes because I didn't know what was going to happen next! It was so thrilling and exciting. 

The ending was fantastic! I loved the action and everything that happened in the Edison labs was brilliant. I was on the edge of my seat because I didn't want any of the characters to get hurt, and I wasn't sure what was going to happen because of the amount of twists that were in this book. But it was a fantastic ending.

Overall, The Reckoning was a perfect ending to this trilogy. I adored everything about it. If you haven't read this trilogy yet, I definitely recommend it. It's thrilling, exciting and full of amazing characters.

2 comments:

  1. I skimmed a bit over your review since it's the last book of the trilogy and didn't one to spoil myself, but it sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete