26 October 2013

Adorkable by Sarra Manning

Adorkable by Sarra Manning
Publisher: Atom
Publication Date: May 24th 2013
Source: Library





Welcome to the dorkside. It's going to be a bumpy ride...

Jeane Smith's a blogger, a dreamer, a dare-to-dreamer, a jumble sale queen, CEO of her own lifestyle brand and has half a million followers on twitter.

Michael Lee's a star of school, stage and playing field. A golden boy in a Jack Wills hoodie.

They have nothing in common but a pair of cheating exes. So why can't they stop snogging?

Adorkable is a book I'd been eyeing for quite some time and wondering whether I should pick it up or not. After reading Debby from Snuggly Oranges review, I knew I just had to get my hands on this book asap so I reserved a copy at my library.

I'm so glad I finally got around to reading this book! It was such a cute read! I got sucked into the story and I didn't want to put it down. 

Jeane was such an amazing character. She was feisty, had an unusual style and was kind of up herself, but I just loved her. Even though she was pretentious, she was also a very likeable character. She was a blogger so I could relate to the slight insanity of always having to write a new post, but Jeane's blog was her life. She'd built a career around Adorkable and she was so mature for her age (well, most of the time). She had me laughing and smiling throughout this book and I just adored her.

Michael was a character that I started off hating but very quickly grew to love. Michael is the most popular guy in school and he really doesn't like Jeane. He's constantly bitching about her and just generally being an ass, but when he and Jeane are threw together and their relationship starts to develop, I started to really like Michael. He was a sweet and caring character. He's so lovely and he had me swooning throughout most of this book.

Jeane and Michael's relationship was an interesting one. They were together but hated each other which made for an extremely interesting relationship. I just adored seeing those two together and seeing their relationship gradually develop throughout the novel.

The storyline was a lot of fun too. I loved seeing how Jeane had built her company and what she does with it; I loved discovering Jeane and what 'Adorkable' meant to her; I enjoyed learning about Michael and I really loved seeing Jeane develop throughout the book. Jeane changed a lot from the character she was at the start of the book and it was great to see that. I also really loved how Jeane encouraged Michael to live his own life and stop letting his parents constantly monitor him. 

Overall, this was such an amazing contemporary. Definitely one of the best I've read this year. If you haven't read this book yet, I seriously recommend that you do!

8 comments:

  1. I bought this book together with Debby. I'm not much of a contemporary reader, but this sounds just too adorable :D Their relationship and how it develops sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read it Mel! It's such a cute story!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you got on to this book a lot better than I did. Maybe I was having a bad a time but I just couldn't get on with it :)



    Alex @ Al's Thought's On

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that sucks that you didn't enjoy it. I thought it was so cute!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this, too, Samantha. Jeanne was sort of unlikable throughout much of the story, but I couldn't help but feel bad for her anyway. I'm glad she softened up a bit by the end. Michael was lovely. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the exact same way about her! But I loved her development throughout the book. He was :)
      Thanks Rachel!

      Delete
  4. I really want to read this one, but I feel like I need to be in the right mood. It's on my list for next time I want something really light and cute. I do think I'll like it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend reading it when you're in a contemporary mood. I was still in that kind of mood when I picked it up :)

      Delete