29 May 2013

Until I Die by Amy Plum

Second book in the Revenants series
I wish there was only today, just right now, and no forever.

It seems fitting that I fell in love in Paris, the most beautiful city in the world. And if I pretend, I can almost believe that my life is normal and everyone I care about is safe.

But as long as I’m with Vincent, “normal” doesn’t exist. Gorgeous, charming, and witty, he’s everything you could ask for in a boyfriend—but his destiny is so much more.

Even more terrifying than his destiny are his dangerous enemies, enemies who will kill for immortality. How are Vincent and I supposed to be together forever if we’re always in danger?

I know I’ll do whatever it takes—even if it means lying to the people I love—to fight against a fate that is trying to tear us apart.


Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy


Until I Die picks up not long after Die For Me with Vincent trying to find a way to be with Kate and the Revenants dealing with the constant Numa threat.

The storyline in this one was fantastic. I was hooked right from the first chapter when Vincent is teaching Kate how to fight. I love them so much when they're together. They're just perfect for each other!

I love Kate. She's such a bad ass! She's a human who fights alongside Revenants and doesn't seem to find it weird. She's such strong, intelligent character.

I love love love Vincent so much more in the book! He's just such a cutie and he's willing to do anything to be with Kate which makes my heart melt.

Jules is such a sweetheart too. He's very protective of Kate and he's just hilarious and extremely flirty.

I basically love all of the Revenants. Although I'm not too sure what I think of Charles because he hasn't been very warm or friendly, but I love Charlotte, Ambrose, JB and Gaspard.

There were two new Revenants introduced in this book: Arthur and Violette.
Arthur was kind of a mystery at the start. He didn't seem very open to being friendly with humans and I just didn't get a good vibe from him. But by the end, I loved him.
Violette was an interesting character. Her and Kate became friends instantly and Kate was helping Violette get in touch with the 21st century. I really liked Violette at the start. She seemed like a friendly, helpful character. By the end, I hated her guts.

So there was a new numa leader in this book - because of what happened to the old one in Die For Me - and the Revenants were trying to find out what they were planning because all had gone quiet on the numa end.
Vincent was also trying to find a way to resist the urge to kill himself in someone elses place so that he and Kate could have a normal relationship. The Revenants were also talking about 'The Champion' and JB was determined that Vincent is The Champion.
Kate was also working behind Vincents back and trying to find a safer way for Vincent to resist his urges.

And then THAT ENDING! Holy crap! I didn't see that coming! It was so unexpected! It was a massive cliffhanger! I'm so glad that I had the last book in the trilogy because I don't think I could have waited to find out what happened. I feel bad for everyone who did have to wait though, because that ending was a killer!

This was such a fantastic follow up to Die For Me. I didn't expect it to be better than the first one, but it definitely was!

5 comments:

  1. Great review! Glad you liked it so much(:
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just thought it was brilliant! :)

      Delete
  2. I really need to read this series! Especially after reading your review!

    New bloglovin follower :)
    Emily @ Counting in Bookcases

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant linky!!! Sorry :) I am getting all the following methods mixed up!

      Delete
    2. It's amazing! I definitely recommend reading it :)
      Thank you for following :D

      Delete