27 May 2013

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

Second book in the Lorian Legacies series
I’ve seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he’s a mystery. But to me . . . he’s one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We’re hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we’ll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I’ve been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.


I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.
And I'm ready to fight.


This one picks up just after the events in I Am Number Four. Four, Six and Sam are on the run and are recovering in a motel room.

This is split into two different stories. We hear from Sam, Six and Four, but we also hear from Number Seven who is living in Spain.

There was a lot going on in this story.
In America - Sam, Six and Four are on the run from the police because they are wanted fugitives. They're training, discovering what's in Four's chest, fighting the Mogadorians and trying to figure out their next move.
Meanwhile, in Spain - Seven is living in a convent with her guardian. She's constantly searching for news of her fellow Lorians but her guardian has lost all faith in Lorian. Seven is doing everything she possibly can to restore faith in her guardian.

I didn't feel as much of a connection with Four in this was as I did in the first one. Maybe it was because this book wasn't fully about him. I still really liked his character though. He was funny, cocky, sweet, but I also felt sorry for him because he was dealing with Henry's death. Four was having to learn everything by himself now.

Six is probably my favourite character. She's such a badass! She's funny, powerful and just really amazing!

I love Sam too. He's such a sweet, intelligent character. He's just a normal guy who has been thrown into the middle of an alien war, and he's taking it surprisingly well.

I really liked Seven as well. She was just trying to fit in like a normal girl, but she didn't feel like she fit in at the convent. She's a determined character. She wants to find the other Lorians and help fight.

There was a lot of action and fighting in this book. The fight scenes were amazing and I loved seeing the Lorians use their powers. 

The romance in this book was kind of weird. There was something going on with John and Six, but there was also something going on with Sam and Six. And then there was the whole John and Sarah thing so the romance kind of annoyed me. I don't understand why John should get both girls. It's not fair to Sam. 

The ending was amazing! The twist with the Lorians was fantastic! I kind of expected it though because of what they kept saying in the book, but it was still great to see it revealed. But SAM! AHH! I need the next book because I need to find out about Sam!

I really enjoyed this book! I didn't like it as much as the first one, but it was still a really great book!



2 comments:

  1. Awhh... Sam sounds so sweet! You gave it such a good rating..I've never heard of this before. I guess I better check it out! Great review(:
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend giving this series a read. It's amazing :D
      Thank you!

      Delete