16 May 2013

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood 

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever-and possibly end human and vampire existence. 

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago-and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time. 

Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make.



So this is the second book in the Blood of Eden series, The Immortal Rules is the first book. I read The Immortal Rules in February and I fell in love with it so when I saw this on Netgalley I jumped at the chance to get it. I was so excited to read it and it was brilliant!

The Eternity Cure picks up a couple of months after The Immortal Rules and Allison is on the hunt for Kanin.

I found this one to be much more fast paced than the first book and there was a lot more going on which kept the book interesting from beginning to end. I felt like the whole storyline of this one was much better than the first one - but I still loved the first one - and I enjoyed it even more!

Allison is still such a amazing character. I liked that was got to see a lot more of her vampire side in this one instead of her clinging desperately to her human side all the time. She starts to come to terms with what she is and instead of pretending to be human, she accepts who she really is but manages to control her vampire side. I love seeing her fight with her Katana, she's such a badass!

Jackal is one character I NEVER thought I would ever like, but surprisingly I really liked him in this one. Don't get me wrong, he's still an ass who caused a lot of people to die/killed people, but he grew on me. I saw a different side to him in this one, a side that actually cares about people. I think he even started to grow sympathetic towards humans even though he barely showed it. He was such a cocky character and he had me laughing a lot with his sarcastic remarks and I'm so glad that he was a main character in this one.

And then we have Zeke. Zeke was such a badass in this book! Showing up in New Covington, taking charge, protecting people - I fell in love with him all over again. He's such a brilliant and smart character. There was a twist involving Zeke towards the end of the book that I didn't expect! But then when it happened I was like 'Well, I suppose that does make sense. Why didn't I think of it?' It still came as a shock, but then I started to wonder why I didn't think of it.

Kanin was just regular Kanin in this book. Although, I think his views have changed too. He seemed to gain some humanity back in this book and I started to like him a lot more,

Sarren is a psycho bastard! I actually hate him so much! He caused so much pain and destruction in this book that I can't wait to see the end of him.

The storyline was definitely more interesting with the different things going on like: Rescuing Kanin; Searching for the cure; Saving New Covington and Hunting Sarren. There were some other storylines' weaved in that I really enjoyed reading - like the interactions between Allison & Stick. 

The ending of this book DESTROYED ME! I actually screamed and threw my kindle away because I was that distraught. I haven't had that kind of reaction towards a book in quite a while, but that ending was soul destroying. I cried my eyes out. Mainly because of what I had to read in the book. It was shocking and heartbreaking and I just sat for about 15 minutes staring at my kindle before I could even read the Epilogue.

And then I got to the end of the Epilogue and I almost died again! My heart couldn't take it anymore! I still don't even know if what I think happened at the end actually happened. It wasn't confirmed so I have no idea and it's driving me crazy! I have to know! I can't wait until next year!

I definitely, definitely recommend picking up this book! It such an amazing story! Even if you didn't enjoy the first one that much, I highly recommend giving this one a shot because it was so much better than the first one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment