31 May 2013

Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman

Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman
Series: No
Publisher: RHCP Digital
Publication Date: June 6th 2013
Source: Publisher [Netgalley]



Years after a violent war destroyed much of the world, Kaspar has grown up in a society based on peace and harmony. But beyond the city walls, a vicious band of rebels are plotting to tear this peace apart. It is up to the Guardians - an elite peacekeeping force - to protect the city, without ever resorting to the brutal methods of their enemy. 

When Kaspar joins the Guardians, he has a chance encounter with a rebel - a beautiful girl named Rhea. Haunted from that moment on by strange visions and memories - memories that could only belong to Rhea - he realises he hasn't been told the truth about what the rebels really want, and what he's really fighting for.

I absolutely adore Malorie Blackman's novels. I read a lot of her books when I was in high school and the second I knew about this book I got so excited! I couldn't wait for it to come out and when I saw it on Netgalley, I jumped at the chance to get a copy and I'm so glad that I got approved for it!

This was such a fantastic dystopian novel. Brilliant characters, amazing plot and fantastic twists!

I really liked Kaspar. He was so motivated and determined to do something great with his life and protect the people in his city from the rebels. He was extremely smart and observant.

Mac was such a friendly character. She was very smart and funny and she knew how to make Kaspar blush and feel uncomfortable and I really enjoyed those parts.

Rhea was an interesting character. I knew I should have hated her because she was a rebel, but there was just something about her. She just seemed different and nothing like how the rebels were described that she intrigued me. I wanted to know more about her.

The insurgents are so hated in this book. It's constantly mentioned how evil and stupid they are and how much they are hated. The amount of times it was said kind of started to make me doubt it.

There was some romance in this book, but really not a lot. There was something going on between Kas and Mac, but Kas also had an attraction to Rhea. It wasn't a major part of the book, more like a very very minor part. There wasn't much emphasis on it which I really enjoyed. I did, however, enjoy the development of Kas and Mac's relationship. They were friends for the whole book and you could just tell something was going to happen.
I'd had my fingers crossed for Rhea. But that never happened.

There was a MASSIVE twist at the end. One that I never saw coming at all. It was such a surprise. It was exciting and thrilling and I really enjoyed it!

The ending was alright. I expected a bit more from it and I was hoping that maybe something else would happen. But all in all, I really enjoyed this book. It's such a fantastic novel and I definitely recommend giving it a read when it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment