18 May 2013

Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza


Mila was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was a girl living with her mother in a small Minnesota town. She was supposed to forget her past—that she was built in a secret computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do.

Now she has no choice but to run—from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology. However, what Mila’s becoming is beyond anyone’s imagination, including her own, and it just might save her life.











Mila 2.0 is Debra Driza's debut novel. I received a copy of this from netgalley and I'd seen a lot of people getting really excited about it and then when I read the synopsis I knew I just HAD to read this book. It's taken me forever to get around to it but I finally did!

This is a sci/fi novel about a girl called Mila who finds out she's really an android. I was hooked the second I found out that part and I knew I was going to love it.

I really liked Mila's character. She was just this normal girl who had her life turned upside down when she was told she wasn't normal - she was an android. I really felt for Mila. She didn't know what to believe. She had all these memories that were false and she had to come to terms with what was real and what wasn't. I loved seeing Mila's development throughout the book where she was discovering who she really is and learning about herself. 

I enjoyed Mila's relationship with her 'mum'. Although Nicole isn't Mila's biological mother, she cares so much about her. Mila may be angry with her mum for lying to her, but she was just trying to protect her like any loving mother would. 

I'm still kind of iffy on Hunter. Since we never actually got to learn about him I'm not too sure if he's good or bad. He seems kind of sketchy. Super hot guy moves to the middle of nowhere and instantly befriends the android girl? Seems a bit too good to be true. I have my suspicions about him actually being a Vita Obscura agent. Anyone else feel that way?

Lucas on the other hand is a character I can see myself really liking once I learn more about him. He was an interesting character in this book. He seemed to care a lot about Mila and connected with her in this book. I'm looking forward to seeing what happened to him and hopefully seeing a development in Mila and Lucas' relationship.

Holland was such a disgusting character. I hated him instantly. What he made Mila do was awful and the fact he got pleasure out of it and was smiling made me sick. I want to punch him in the face and see him die (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will kill him).

Three was an interesting character. She was just Mila without real human emotion, which was kinda creepy. I'm definitely positive we haven't seen the last of her.

This book was full of action and I enjoyed reading it. I got sucked into the storyline and I was desperate to find out what was going to happen. I'm really excited for the next book because I want to know more about Vita Obscura and find out if my suspicions are correct! And also find out if Lucas is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment