30 May 2013

If I Should Die by Amy Plum

Third book in the Revenants series

I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?




This is the 3rd and final book in the Revenants trilogy.
So this one picks up after that MASSIVE CLIFFHANGER at the end of Until I Die. Everyone is trying to come to terms with what has happened and find a way that can fix it.


Kate was so strong in this one. She never gave up hope, she went to any lengths to find a solution and she was so determined that she was going to find a solution. She never let herself believe that it wasn't possible. 

Vincents is such a fantastic character. He's willing to do anything and everything to protect and save the people that he loves. He's such a sweetheart and I just loved him to bits.

Violette is such a bitch! I was keeping my fingers crossed throughout the book that Kate would rip her head off or stab her because she deserved it.

I loved the storyline in this one. The main storyline was [spoiler] saving Vincent of course. They just HAD to find a way to do that or I would have died. Taking down the Numa & Violette was also another major part of this book because the Numa were getting out of hand under Violette's control.
Also, they were trying to work out who the hell the champion actually was since it definitely wasn't Vincent.

Now, I had my suspicions about who The Champion was in Until I Die mainly because of what Violette said about The Champion, but I had been thinking it through most of the book. It just made sense. I never believed it was Vincent. My guess for The Champion was right - WOO! Even though I'd guessed who it was, I loved seeing the process of how it was revealed and everything that went down after it. 

Jules also revealed his feelings for Kate in this one, even though he knew that Kate didn't feel the same way. I was kind of sad when he decided to stay behind so that he could get over Kate. I love Jules. He was also making jokes and making people feel good.

Charlotte and Ambrose! I had my fingers crossed for those two the second that I found out about Charlotte's feelings. They were so close and had such an amazing relationship that I just really wanted them to get together!

I loved Charles in this one. Even though we don't get to see him until the end, he's changed so much. Now that he's been with a group of Revenants that have been through the same things as him, he's became more like himself and he's feeling happier now.

The ending was happy and sad. Happy because the Revenants won and Kate & Vincent can be together forever, but sad because of the Revenants they lost during the fight.
I'm so glad that Kate and Vincent are getting their happy ending because they definitely deserve it.

This book was such a fantastic end to the series, and even though I guessed what was going to happen with the main storyline I still thoroughly enjoyed this book. I highly suggest The Revenants series if you haven't read it yet. It's fantastic and full of action!


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to finally see what is going to happen! The ending of the second book was horrible :| Haha, great review!

     Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I was so happy that I'd bought the last book along with the second one. I probably would've died if I didn't have it!
      Thank you :)

      Delete