27 May 2013

Forbidden by Jana Oliver

Second book in the Demon Trappers series


Riley Blackthorne is beginning to learn that there are worse things than death by demon. And love is just one of them… 

Seventeen-year-old Riley has about had it up to here. After the devastating battle at the Tabernacle, trappers are dead and injured, her boyfriend Simon is gravely injured, and now her beloved late father’s been illegally poached from his grave by a very powerful necromancer. As if that’s not enough, there's Ori, one sizzling hot freelance demon hunter who’s made himself Riley’s unofficial body guard, and Beck, a super over-protective “friend” who acts more like a grouchy granddad. With all the hassles, Riley’s almost ready to leave Atlanta altogether.
But as Atlanta’s demon count increases, the Vatican finally sends its own Demon Hunters to take care of the city’s “little” problem, and pandemonium breaks loose. Only Riley knows that she might be the center of Hell’s attention: an extremely powerful Grade 5 demon is stalking her, and her luck can't last forever…





So this one picks up right after the first book with the Trappers dealing with the demon attack on The Guild.

I really liked Riley in this book. She was still the badass from the first book, but she had a hell of a lot to deal with in this one. With her boyfriend acting all weird, being accused of helping the demons enter the ward and dealing with Beck, she sure had a lot on her plate. I just love her attitude! She doesn't care what people think of her and she's so determined to prove herself. She was slightly naive in this book and I feel bad for her because of what her naivety led to. 

Beck was being an even bigger ass in this book, but I still love him. I find it hard not to love Backwoods Boy. He's so protective of Riley and he'd do anything for her. I just wish he would tell Riley how he feels about her! He's the best guy for her, and he just doesn't see that! He's such a sweetheart.

Simon was such an assbutt in this one! Seriously! I couldn't believe how much of a dick he was compared to the first one. In the first book he was this goody two shoes boy and now he's just such a dick. I actually can't believe how he treated Riley in this one. If I was her, I would have punched him for what he did.

So we learnt a lot more about Ori in this one. We found out who he really is. When he revealed it I knew that Riley had made the wrong assumption and that Ori wasn't the good guy he was pretending to be. I was actually pretty broken up about that. If it couldn't be Beck, I was hoping for Ori. But now I really hate him for what he did to Riley. I hope he's gone for good.

I loved that Peter was a bigger part of this book. He's such an amazing friend. He had a lot going on in this book as well. I really liked the change in Peter in this one. He became more fun and was able to do a lot of things now that he was living with his dad. He was much happier in this book as well and I love how close he and Riley are.

There was a hell of a lot going on in this book with the Demon Hunters showing up, the whole thing with Ori, Riley and Beck's relationship, Riley's abusive ex, the Demons & Hell, Riley's dad and of course the corruption that's going on with the holy water supply.

I'm really intrigued by the holy water supply storyline and I'm interested to know who's been tampering with it and why. I'm also interested in seeing what's going to happen now that the Demon Hunters are here. They're already after Riley and they're probably gonna cause a hell of a lot of trouble. I'm also wondering why Riley's ex has been brought back into the story - personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he has a run in with Beck.

The ending was amazing! I can't wait to find out what's going to happen! I'm definitely going to be reading the next book ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment