15 April 2013

Review: Wait For You by J Lynn

NEW ADULT REVIEW - MAY CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT


Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn't need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.


Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…


So I was sent an invitation by Harper Fiction on netgalley to review this book last week. I wasn't actually planning on reading it anytime soon, but I was bored and in the mood for a romance novel so I just decided to start reading it. And I am so glad that I did. This is definitely the best new adult book I've read so far. The characters and the storyline were fantastic! I got completely sucked into the story and I finished it in about a day.

So first of all, we have our main character Avery. She's moved to a college far away from her home town to escape what happened to her in the past. I really loved Avery's character. She was funny, likeable and I honestly couldn't fault her. What she went through when she was younger was traumatic and horrible and I really felt for Avery when I actually found out what had happened to her. Avery's character develops throughout the book and by the end she is a strong, independent character who has finally managed to move on from her past and focus on her future.


And then we have Cam. Cam, Cam, Cam. Oh god I love him. Right from that first meeting. He had me at "sweetheart". He was funny, cocky and oh so lovable. Most of the things he said had me laughing and smiling and I just love him! Cam's got a bit of a secret too. When I found out what his secret was, I completely understood why he did what he did. OK, maybe he went slightly too far, but I couldn't really blame him for it. Also, he's very persistent when it comes to what he wants. And he has a pet turtle called Raphael (TMNT).


Brit and Jordan (Avery's friends) were brilliant characters as well. I was so happy that Avery had managed to make friends. They were really good for her and really likable characters - especially Jordan.

Ollie a.k.a Senor Fucktard (Cam's roommate) was a brilliant character as well. He had me in stitches most of the time when he spoke. He was just so funny!

Cam and Avery's relationship was hot. And I mean HOT. The scenes where they were making out were so steamy. I was actually reading this on the bus when I came across a scene like this. I was trying to angle myself away from the person sitting next to me and hide my kindle from the person behind me in case they were reading it. But, yeah, I really enjoyed reading those scene. Cam and Avery had some serious chemistry and that was definitely shown during the sex scenes (yes there are sex scenes, and yes they are hot). Most of the time I was just wishing I was Avery.


I fell in love with the storyline. I loved seeing Cam and Avery's relationship develop and seeing Avery finally realise her feelings for Cam. There were a few bumps in the road along the way, but they kept the story interesting.


I loved the ending! I love this book! Which is why it definitely deserves:

I'm so excited for the next book now which looks like it's going to be about about Cam's sister. I can't wait! I definitely recommend this book if you love romance/new adult novels. It was just brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment