31 March 2013

Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #1)
by Veronica Rossi

Aria has struggled to build a life for herself outside Reverie. It hasn't be easy adjusting to life in the wilderness but that struggle has been worth it with Perry by her side. 
But Perry has other challenges. His people are looking to him for answers. Answers about what happened to his nephew and what's happening to their world. And they don't trust the priviledged Aria, one of the enemy, in their midst. 
Soon he'll be forced to chose between the tribe that looks to him for leadership and the girl that looks to him for love.


So I started reading this book like 10 minutes after I finished Under the Never Sky. I was debating whether or not I should buy it, or just read something I already own, but I'd grown so attached to the characters in this book that I just couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. I'm so glad that I decided to pick this up right after Under the Never Sky because it was just as fantastic as the first book.

I loved Aria's character even more in this book. Right away she showed that she was a strong, independant character. Aria does everything she can to protect the people she loves in this book, and I really love that about her.

Perry was fantastic in this book as well. I loved seeing him as the Blood Lord, although I really felt for him because he was going through a lot after what he had to do to become Blood Lord. Perry has to try and do what's right for his people and step up and be a man.

Roar was just... brilliant. He was just as hilarious as ever. I really felt for Roar in this book though, because of the events that happened. He seemed so vulnerable and depressed and I really just wanted to give him a hug and tell him that everything was going to be OK.

I'm really glad we got to meet Liv in this book. I'd been really curious about her and she wasn't what I was expecting, but I grew to really like her. I was rooting for Roar and Liv because they just seemed so perfect together.

I also really liked seeing Cinder's character develop. He grew an attachment to some of the people in Perry's tribe and it was really nice to see him come out of his shell.

I hated Kirra from the second she turned up with her army. I knew she was going to start causing trouble and messing with Perry and I wanted to punch her in the face and tell her to BACK OFF! She really irritated me. And then, when the tribe left, I hated her even more because of what they did.

I really enjoyed the storyline of this book. It was mostly focused on finding the Still Blue, rescuing Talon and finding Liv and I enjoyed all the different parts of the storyline. Especially the Still Blue part becausse I'm extremely curious to know more about the Still Blue and I'm hoping that Aria & Perry will be able to get Perry's people there in the next book so that they can live a normal life without fearing the aether (but it doesn't look promising after what happened). 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was just as fantastic as the first book which is why I gave it:
I can't wait for Into the Still Blue! I think it's going to be amazing! Hurry up 2014!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Into the Still Blue! I am glad you enjoyed this book, it is one of my favorites :) Roar is hilarious! And I like Aria so much more in this story! Great Review!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it doesn't come out until next year! I need it now! I know, he's my favourite character. Me too, she was much more relatable.
      Thank you :)

      Delete