7 March 2013

Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.
Do not read if you haven't read the first book.


The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2)
by Michelle Hodkin

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.



I still don't think I can actually process what I read. I'm stunned, in shock and I have no idea what to do now.

Once again, this was a beautifully written novel that had me hooked from the second I started reading. I'm actually struggling to find the words to express how beautiful and heart breaking this book was.

Mara is one of my most favourite characters ever. I really loved seeing all the flashbacks she was experiencing and seeing her try to figure out why she's the way she is. The things she discovered were horrible and I felt so bad for her when she found out.

I am honestly in love with Noah Shaw. He's my biggest book crush right now. He's just so perfect, and he had me swooning throughout the book with some of the lines he hit out with.

“I'm not sure you can appreciate how much I want to lay you out before me and make you scream my name.” 

I loved seeing how Noah stood by Mara and how he believed her when no one else does. He makes me cry, he makes me smile and I just bloody love him.

Ok, so if you are reading this and you haven't read the first book, you may want to stop reading now.

So the ending of the first book had that massive spoiler in it.

Jude's return. Oh, how I wanted to kill him. He's a psychopath. Everything he did to Mara in this book was shocking. My hate for him grew throughout the book and at the end I just wished that I could kill him myself. He may be my most hated character ever.

Noah and Mara's relationship is beautiful. I love reading about them together because they're just perfect. I honestly don't even care about the insta-love in this series because I'm completely in love with these characters and they could do anything, and I would still love them. 

There were a lot of twist & turns in this book, and a lot of unexpected surprises that kept me reading, and I just absolutely loved it.

The reason I'm finding this review very hard to write is because I'm still in shock from that ending. That was something I never saw coming. 
I still can't believe it, and I don't want to believe it. In fact, I refuse to believe that it happened. Because it just can't have! I am going to think positively and I'm siding with Mara. She's lying. She has to be. Because I just don't accept it.

This book deserves a million stars because it was amazing, so it definitely gets:
I can't believe I have to wait until October to find out what's going to happen. I can't wait for the paperback to come out this time, I have to know what happens. So I'll definitely be buying the hardback.

6 comments:

  1. I too am in love with Noah Shaw! I just started reading this series at the end of last year and I'm hooked. I can't wait for the last book! Oh and that ending... she has to be lying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! He's just.. there aren't words to describe him. I know, right?! It can't be true!

      Delete
  2. I love Noah and the ending of this book broke my heart! So excited to see how it all ends, glad you loved this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME! I just sat and stared at the book for like 10 minutes because I just couldn't believe it! Me too, I can't wait for the last book!

      Delete
  3. I'm just reading it and it's so much better than book 1 (which got 3 * from me). I look forward to the other half of this one ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second one was amazing! There's a lot more going on in this one with crazy Phoebe & Julian. Hope you enjoy the second half! :D

      Delete