9 February 2013

REVIEW: Ethereal by Addison Moore

*REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
Ethereal (Celestra #1)
by Addison Moore

Sixteen-year-old, Skyla Messenger is a dead girl walking. 

When her newly remarried mother moves the family to Paragon Island, to a house that is rumored to be haunted, Skyla finds refuge in Logan Oliver, a boy who shares her unique ability to read minds.

Skyla discovers Logan holds the answers to the questions she’s been looking for, but Logan’s reluctance to give her the knowledge she desires leaves her believing Logan has a few secrets of his own. 

Skyla’s bloodlines may just be connected to the most powerful angelic beings that roam the earth, and the more she knows, the more danger she seems to be in. 

Suddenly an entire faction of earthbound angels wants her dead, at least she still has Logan, or does she?



Well, for me, this book was pretty boring. Everything was happening in such a short space of time that mostly I had no idea what was even going on. The story line was extremely fast paced and I felt myself getting confused about what was actually happening because there was much going on. 
Parts of the story where Logan would tell Skyla about her powers didn't have enough detail for me. Sometimes it would just be like 'Oh, yeah, you do this/do that' and it would just skim over how she managed to get these powers or how the powers worked and I just didn't fully understand it.

And then we have the characters.
Skyla was really annoying. She was always acting out and most of the time, everything was about her. She couldn't be happy for her mother and she had to always bring up her dad at every opportunity she got. By the end of the book, I was glad that I wouldn't have to hear her moan about everything. I was getting sick of her.
Logan & Gage. Ok, yeah, they seemed hot. But they didn't have a lot of character development. I never grew an attachment to either of these characters and I honestly didn't care for them.
Briella was annoying as well. Her and Skyla were BFF's two seconds after they had met, which I found very unbelievable as well. I couldn't stand her character either. She seemed very superficial and fake to me.
Chloe I probably would have liked, but unfortunately, she's dead. But she seemed like a character that I would be able to connect with, but she wasn't in this book a lot.

Skyla and Logan's relationship was the most unbelievable thing I have ever read. Seriously, she meets this guy, then two days later she's telling him she loves him and basically having sex with him on a pool table. NO. This was a MAJOR case of insta-love and I found myself rolling my eyes at the two of them when they were together. Plus, Logan was a terrible boyfriend.
And then, Skyla decided to get with Gage to annoy Logan. Ok, can you just make up your mind? I hate it when there's that kind of relationship in a story. There's no need to get with another guy to make your boyfriend jealous, because then you're CHEATING ON HIM! And that's the other reason why I really didn't like Skyla.

Like I said, the story line just confused the hell out of me. To be honest, I don't even remember half of the stuff that happened because I was so confused! The plot wasn't really that great and I was trying to get through it as quickly as I could because I wanted to get it finished so that I could start another book!

I gave this book:
I doubt I'll be reading the rest of the books in this series. I just really didn't enjoy the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment