13 December 2012

REVIEW: Out For Blood by Alyxandra Harvey

Out For Blood by Alyxandra Harvey
Series: Drake Chronicles #3
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens
Publication Date: November 1st 2010
Source: Bought




Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy, where she excels at just about everything. Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends-or even more.

When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra... help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire. Who said senior year would be easy?

I really enjoyed reading this book. It wasn't as good as the first two but I still really enjoyed it. The whole story revolves around the Drake family who are vampires and they first born female vampire known so she is set to become queen and other vampires are on a mission to kill her or to marry her.
In this book, Solange's mum is taking the throne for her until she is old enough to rule. 


This book is told from Quinn and Hunters perspective and I thought they were really good characters. I loved Quinn (Just like I love all the Drake brothers because they're all gorgeous). Quinn was funny and sarcastic and beautiful. He had me smiling and laughing throughout the whole book. I loved Hunter as well, she was bad ass! She's a vampire hunter who's dating a vampire! Which is awesome! 

I loved all the action/fight scenes against the Hell-Blar. I was on the edge of my seat hoping that no one that I liked would get hurt or die. 

The only thing I didn't like about this book was the romance between Quinn and Hunter. iIthink it would have been fine if the word 'love' hadn't been involved. It was insta-love. It's in every book in this series so I'm just going to have to get used to it because I really enjoy reading this series! 

I really like this series, and if you haven't heard of it, go pick up My Love Lies Bleeding. It's amazing! The first book is definitely my favourite in the series so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment