9 September 2012

REVIEW: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey #1
Publisher: Mira Ink
Publication Date
Source: Library



Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

Wow, this book was just completely amazing. I loved the faery world that was built in this book. It was magical but also dark and dangerous which led to many exciting adventures. The book incorporated characters from Shakespeare's play 'A Midsummer Nights Dream' and managed to make all the characters fit into this story.

I loved Meghan. She's such a strong and badass character and we still haven't seen everything she's capable of. 

The love triangle in the book between Meghan, Puck and the Winter Prince Ash was extremely exciting. I really liked Puck's character, he funny, charming and cute. Ash is my favourite character in the book, even though he's moody and can be really horrible sometimes I still really really like him and I hope him and Meghan get together.

This has definitely been one of my favourite books of the year and maybe my favourite world that I've read about this year. It's so different and magical, and I completely fell in love with it.

Overall, The Iron King is a fantastic read that I definitely recommend.

2 comments:

  1. I love this series it's just absolutely amazing most of all Puck and Ash *dreamy sigh* great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the rest of the series yet but I really want to! Puck and Ash are amazing :)
      Thank you! :D

      Delete