13 September 2012

REVIEW: Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
Series: Hollowland #1
Publisher: Amanda Hocking
Publication Date: October 6th 2010
Source: Bought




"This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door." 

Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.




I really didn't enjoy this book at all. The story line was terrible, there was no character development and I didn't feel a connection with any of the characters. Some parts of the story were extremely unbelievable - like the part where Remy finds a lion and it becomes her pet. The zombie in the book were interesting because they seemed to be able to think and work together in groups, which is different from any other zombie book I've read, but that was the only thing I liked about the book. The insta-love between Remy and Lazlo was awful and I couldn't wait to finish the book so I didn't have to read about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment